I like to carry little beading projects with me wherever I go, in my little tobacco tin :)
A weekend at Higham Hall teaching glass bead making leaves very little spare time, but just in case I didn't spend two hours in the bar each night, I thought I should take something to do.
So, I dug out a Dichroic open square I had previously made in my kiln, and found some matching beads. I didn't want to do anything that required any concentration, so I took no pattern, no books, just the stuff that I had already stored in my memory.
In the end I decided on a simple spiral stitch, I was a little dissapointed as the gorgeously bright pink beads, that looks gorgeously bright pink in the packet, turned out to be pale pink when they were stitched up. This often happens, I should have tested them before I left home, nevertheless I carried on. I managed about 2 inches in the whole weekend :)
Of course, once I got home the little project got forgotten about for about two weeks until I needed to re-use the tin. So last night I decided this was NOT going to be one of those UFO's (Unfinished Beady Objects) that I have many of laying about and sat down to finish it.
So I completed the spiral rope, added a peyote tube and loop for a clasp, and a peyote bail to hold the square. It became quickly apparent that the bail needed to be stitched to stop the square moving about, so I added a little glass disc bead in the centre. I think it finishes it off nicely.