Wednesday 22 February 2012

Glass Butterflies

I thought I would try out another tutorial.  Did a little google search and came up with these...

http://www.torchbugs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6509

They looked easy enough so washed some glass, fired up the torch and sat down.

The first two I did with opaque bodies, this didn't blend well into the wings in my opinion, it made them just look "smudged", plus according to the tutorial you just melted the wings in, this seemed to leave them lumpy and uneven, so  I adapted and gave them a squish flat before separating into two wings.


After that I moved onto transparent glass for the bodies, this blended so much better into the wings.




By adding a sparkly czech crystal bead for a head and wiring up on a pin, it made a quick, yet effective, pendant.


I would have made loads more, but the oxygen ran out.  Waiting for delivery of a new tank now  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.