Wednesday 5 April 2017

C2C (Corner to Corner) Crochet Owl Panel

I have had loads of people ask me for a "Graphghan" workshop.

A Graphghan is working from a chart to create a picture within a piece of crochet.  It can be done with Granny Squares, Bobbles and the popular C2C stitch.

So, off I went, opened my Cross-Stitch program  (did you know I used to design the odd Cross-Stitch pattern) and designed what I thought would be a workable pattern.


An Owl, everyone loves owls don't they?

I grabbed some yarn and first of all I weighed it, after all if I was going to run a workshop I would need to know how much yarn everyone would need.


Then I started hooking away merrily.


Well before this point I realised that this was not going to be a workable class, it was taking me far too long so would take students even longer.

I finished it anyway having spend over 6 hours on it!


Still, it worked out nice, and when I make a few more it will tile together to make a fun blanket.

Feel free to use the chart above if you would like to make your own, but I would appreciate it if you would credit me when you do  :)

And, back to the cross-stitch programme to create a simpler design  :)

1 comment:

  1. I will have a go at this, and play with some colours !

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.