Tuesday 10 October 2017

It's been a week and I am still SOBER 4 OCTOBER.

A week...... a whole week and a bit actually once I have got round to writing this blog.


A week has made me wonder if I have a problem, as most evenings on the drive home from work  (which is usually between 8.00pm and 9.00pm) I envisage popping the cork as soon as I walk through the door.  I haven't of course, but the thought is there - this is very obviously habitual.

Hubster is pretty good though, he knows when I am due in and can often be found hovering around an already nearly bubbling kettle as he says, "Good day at work?  Fancy a brew?"

To be fair, he does that every night, but up until a week ago I would mostly answer with "Yeah. No, wine", to which he would duly open the cupboard and pass me a wine glass.

Of course, this week, the answer has been "Yeah, yeah please" and I get quickly presented with a mug of peppermint tea.


Yes, you read that right... peppermint..... for I have also somehow managed to wean myself off Caffeine.  That hasn't been just this week though, it has been slowly, changing just one cup a day to peppermint until even my morning brew is Caffeine free.

Oh, and if that is not enough, I also joined a Fat Club last week. Well, in for a penny - in for a pound, I thought.

What? Why? You may ask.   Well, I am in my last year of my forties now and feeling the age.  Things ache, things crack, sometimes I walk like a crab after a long day on my feet, sometimes the walk upstairs at the end of the night is like tackling Mount Everest!
 Ok, I exaggerate slightly, but when you stand at the bottom of just thirteen steps, looking up and trying to draw up the energy to start the long climb to bed, you know it's time to take control and get a bit fitter.


So, in a nutshell this week has been caffeine free, alcohol free and naughty food free and I'm FEELING GOOD!

Still time to sponsor me if you wish to.......I am up to one hundred shiny pounds right now, thank you to everyone who has popped in the pot  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.