Thursday 14 January 2010

Beaded Butterflies




Crystal Lace Necklace Patterns - Sandra D Halpenny - I have had this book for quite a while now, but not really looked at it. but I wanted to make my Mum 'something different' for Christmas so I dug it out of the bookcase.

Since then I have been addicted to Sandra's designs, especially these butterflies. The finished piece is so eye-catching and unusual.





The first one I made was the blues, I had a bag of mixed Crystals so I picked out different colours for each wing, although the pattern had the same colour crystals. I think using the different colours seems to give it a stained glass look.

Then I made the red one. I have run out of mixed crystals now, so the next one I make will have to be colour co-ordinated :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.