Saturday 2 January 2010

Stained Glass Wall Hanging


Following on from my Stained Glass course with Mo Wallis way back in November, I came home and ordered all the equipment and gadgets that I needed to have a go myself.


Until this week it has sat in a box unpacked, but I decided I should really have a go while I can still recall what to do.


A wall hanging, I decided.


I love waves and circles as opposed to straight lines and right angles, so I drew a random pattern on a piece of paper, blobs and rounds, and curves.


To add texture to the piece I decided to fuse some glass to make nuggets, this would make the finished hanging a little more 3D I thought. Then I cut glass, grinded (ground?) the edges and got showered in millions of glass splinters. On trying to pull one out of my hair I managed to cut a chunk of hair out !! A bandana is needed next time I think, or perhaps a baseball cap.


I still need to work hard practising my soldering skills, it's all a little too rough for my liking, but hopefully it will improve with time.


This piece is just slightly smaller than A4, and I think I will gift it to my Godparents, who I am visiting tonight after too many years of not being in touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.