Monday 22 February 2010

In Memory Of Sam.



My friend Kate, asked me if I would do something in memoriam of her beloved dog Sam.

Of course, it would be a pleasure. so a little tub of Sam's ashes arrived in my workshop.

Never having worked with this material before, I am afraid it was a case of "suck it and see".
These are the first attempts, some glass pendants with Sam's ashes encased in glass.

The varying texture of the ashes caused some bubbles to appear which then gave the pendants a slight "snow globe" effect with the ashes being able to move about within the bubble. A really interesting result.



The pendants are now bailed and ready to string and wear. Will be trying some beads next.


Thanks Kate, for putting your trust in me to have a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.