I love sweetcorn relish, it is so easy to make and it just makes that boring tin of sweetcorn into something special and extra tasty. I had it the other evening and shared it as part of my #ShareYourTeaTuesday threads. I promised the recipe, so here it is :)
What you need:
- Tin of Sweetcorn
- Sundried tomatoes (from a jar) or cherry tomatoes
- Red wine vinegar, or cidar vinegar
- Teaspoon of dark brown sugar
- Dried chilli flakes
- Fresh coriander
What you do:
- Drain the sweetcorn and plop it into a bowl.
- Chop up the sun-dried tomatoes, or you can use fresh cherry tomatoes if you prefer.
- Add about a table spoon of your chosen flavoured vinegar. Balsamic would be nice in this too.
- Chop up your coriander so it is nice and fine.
- Chuck it all in with the dried chilli flakes.
- Mix it all up. Easy huh?
- Serve with almost anything, but especially good with sausage, burgers etc....
In fact, the following day I had a nice brown baguette with sausage and sweetcorn relish in it - oh it was yummy!