Tuesday 27 January 2015

Pea & Mint Soup

Would you look at the colour of this soup?  How vibrant!  And delicious too.


I did my usual scavenging of the reduced section in the supermarket and grabbed these peas for 10p and a bunch of fresh mint for 5p.


I chucked a chopped up celery stick in the Soup Maker with a little oil and sautéed it.


Then I chopped up the mint - the smell was gorgeous, fresh minty goodness wafting through the kitchen.


I chucked it all in the pot with the peas and a chopped up potato to thicken.


Covered it with water.


Then left it alone for 20 minutes to cook before blending until smooth.


Yummy, healthy and only cost around 10p a bowl!!




2 comments:

  1. Wow what a fantastic colour and healthy and a bargain to boot!! Can't be bad :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better than the one I am currently eating, looks like.......... let's just say, curry powder and butternut squash make an unappealing colour.

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.