It's been a while since I blogged a recipe, so here is a lovely, quick to make, almost storecupboard, one for you.
A Sweet Chilli & Mushroom Pasty.
As usual, no measurements, just chuck in what you think will work - honestly, it's the best way to cook!
You will need:
- Cheese Spread (I used Seriously Strong Sweet Chilli, but any will be good)
- Ready to use Puff Pastry (or make your own)
- Egg (for wash)
What you do:
- Wash, chop and put your mushrooms in a pan with a little drop of olive oil, sunflower oil or even butter.
- When they are cooked down and soft, drain off any excess juices.
- Then add a good blob of cheese spread (Philadelphia Cheese will also work)
- Mix..... then leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, roll out your pastry and use a side plate or saucer to cut a large circle.
- Plop some mushroom mix just off centre.
- Then fold over. Add a little bit of water to the rim and press to seal.
- Give it a brush with beaten egg and slit the top to let the steam escape while cooking.
- Serve with mash and veg for a main meal, or eat on it's own as a snack.