Monday 29 November 2021

Marble Run

Life through a marble series

Acrylic metallic paint & vintage glass marbles


 For this piece I decided to let marbles do the work.

 My Dad used to be a picture framer, so I raided his attic for some pieces of mount board.  I found some pieces with circular holes cut out which I though would work very well.

I laid one board with a circle cut out on top of a full sheet.



I found some old vintage school type marbles in my shed, and took out my metallic acrylic paints.

I chose colours that would compliment each other and not blend into each other to create a muddy colour.

Green

Purple

Red

Gold

Silver

I covered a marble in paint then I rolled it along the mount board  - or rather I attempted to.  The paint clogged up the rolling effect so the marble needed a good flick to help it on it’s way.  If it stopped before I wanted it to I gave it another flick.



It was a bit of a messy project  😊


I actually liked the end result way more than I thought I would, I might even put this on my wall!


This image is both the boards as planned laid on top of each other.



This one is the underneath board turn around to show an image inversion – like viewing through a marble might look.



This one is just the top board on it’s own.



And this is the bottom board on its own.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.