Sunday 24 April 2022

A really useless jug!

For some random reason I decided to make a useless jug.  

I wanted it to be a challenge to pick up due to a strangely shaped handle, and just in case someone fancied using it as a jug or a vase, I put holes all the way down the back to make it totally leak if water was added.

Why?  No idea.  Just a strange idea.

Anyway… I hand build it using rolled out slabs of clay.


I then painted it in a few coats of different coloured slips.

Can’t even remember what colours I used as I was just grabbing anything from the cupboard, so it will be a nice (or not) surprise when it comes out of the kiln.


I decided to do some random designs on it too with my Sgraffito carving tool.  I marked off some sections to begin…


… then lightly marked a pattern so I could go back and carve it properly once done.


Quite pleased with the outcome so far, it will look a little different once glazed and fired.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.