Tuesday 5 April 2022

The Kaleidoscope Project - candy stripes disc

 As part of a uni assignment, I am creating a type of kaleidoscope – the viewer will be made from mirrors and the discs will all be different using various forms of architectural glass techniques.

This disc is a fused ‘candy stripes’ design.

I started off by cutting a circle out of glass, then I cut some glass ‘ribbons’ to fit the circle and laid them onto the class, not in any particular order.


Then it went into the kiln and I fired it at 760 degrees to fuse the ribbons to the disc.


The finished disc was lovely and smooth, and the ribbon lines were nice and crisp.

It made a really interesting pattern when looked at through my kaleidoscope viewer.  😊





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.