Sunday 1 August 2010

Chevron Bracelets

Following on from my failed Chevron Necklace.... well, I say failed, I actually liked the Chevron pendant part, but it just did not work on the chain I designed for it. I needed to advance the pattern into something else.

This Purple bracelet was already a pendant in the making, I had already made the same section as in the previous pendant, so I turned the pattern around and added another bit, then I extended the sides to make it long enough to fit around a wrist.

The gap in the centre definately needed something, so I added some matching Swarovski Crystals to give a bit of interest.
The clasp is a Peyote tube with Swarovski Crystals on the end, and a loop at the opposite end to fasten.


I chose the colours for this one to go in with the Bead Buddies July Colour Challenge of Purple / Teal / Chocolate, and I think it works really well.


Next I changed the pattern slightly, and instead of having decreasing Chevrons I kept them all identical. I used the same fastening of a beaded toggle and loop. This one was done in Burgundy, Red & Silver.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.