Tuesday 24 August 2010

A Slice of Rainbow


Another of my time-consuming, fiddly, annoying, 'why did I start this', cuffs :)

This time I used a rainbow of colours - Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet - and in that order.
I did design a pattern and followed it to begin with, but then I got fed up of trying to work out where I was so after about 3" I freeformed it. This resulted with it being picked back a good few times. In retrospect I should have stuck to the original pattern :)

To fasten I added a large press-stud which is not seen when the cuff is worn, but it also needed something focal for added oomph, so I found a very pretty large green button and added that as decoration.



Now, when you work with Delica beads, which are really very tiny, you should make sure your lighting is as bright as possible, you might notice that there two black beads within the Indigo section, I am really annoyed by them, but not annoyed enough to start again :)

2 comments:

  1. This cuff is fab, so colourful and cheerful! I can't see the black Delicas in the Indigo lol.

    But I do know what you mean about lighting, setting up good strong night lighting this week so I can properly see what I'm doing with all of my teeny tiny beadies:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it cheers me up too :) But I CAN see those pesky little black ones ;)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.