It's not something I would wear myself, but I think they look quite cool on younger people.
I totally love the Aran wool I made this one with, it's called Colourworks by Patons, and it is a lovely soft wool to work with. The shade I used is a colour-changing blend called Orion.
It's a really easy design, done in K2 P2 rib througout, this means it will have a certain amount of stretch. The added flower is a crocheted one, no design as such, simply a chain, joined in a ring, then treble stitched into it until it looks flowery. If you cannot crochet, simply add a large focal button, or ribbon bow.
You will need:
· Pair of 6mm needles
· Large hole darning needle
· 100g ball of Aran wool in the colour of your choice
· Focal Button
· Using the thumb method cast on 80 stitches for a small head, or 90-100 stitches for a larger head.
· *K2 P2 (Repeat from * to end)
· Repeat this pattern for 16 rows
· Cast off
Add a crochet or knitted flower, or ribbon and a button for decoration.
If you ever make anything from my patterns, please do email them to me at email@example.com, I would love to see them.