Thursday 23 October 2014

A Crochet Cellular Baby Blanket

I've just finished another baby blanket, a cellular one.  I was reading that cellular ones are better so  if the baby gets underneath it they can still breath through the holes.


I used a James C Brett yarn called "Cotton On" which is a gorgeously soft feel yarn in a 50% Cotton / 50% Acrylic mix.   The drape on it works so beautifully on a baby blanket.


I used a variagated colourway - which to be honest, does not show the pattern up as much as I would have liked it too.  A plain colour would have shown this square design off so much better.

The pattern was Sirdar Snuggle DK, pattern number 1299. As you may see from the booklet photo, it looks much crisper in a plain shade.


Still, it's a lovely colourway  :)

This blanket is to go with the last one I made which you may remember, the zig-zag pram blanket, and the matching teddy bear.  The recipient has yet to make her appearance in this big wide world, but her mummy seems to like them   :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.