Friday 17 October 2014

Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Risotto Recipe


I made myself this dish the other day and it was really rather yummy, so thought I would share it  :)

I was good and measured it for you - kinda......

So....

What you need:
  • Risotto Rice  (Or I used the Gallo 3 Grains box which is a mix of rice, spelt and barley.)
  • A good sized Sweet Potato
  • A cup-a-soup sachet of your choice
  • Herbs & Spices of your choice
What you do:  

  • Pour a 'cup'  (100g) per person of rice into the cooker.


  • Peel and chop up the sweet potato and chuck that in too.

  • Grab your choice of cup-a-soup - I particularly like this Creamy Thai flavour, and spinkle it on the rice & sweet potato.

  • Spice it up a bit if you like with curry powder, or other herbs.

  • Cover everything with water, turn on the slow cooker and forget about it for 3-4 hours.

  • Eat   :)  The result is a lovely creamy, no hassle, no effort risotto style dinner  :)  Deeelishus!


 (That little thing that may look like a fly, isn't.  It is a bit of parsley - I am a vegetarian, don't you know?)




Change the soup, change the spices, change the veggies - what can you come up with?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.