A couple of years ago I made a Blooming cushion. It was adapted by a blogger I follow from another person's pattern. Anyway, I always thought the petals never sat right for me, or at least on the one I made, so I worked out a way of making it flatter, and easier for people to make. Well, we all like easy don't we?
So, after some jiggery pokery, a lot of frogging (rip it - rip it) and some shorthand notes typed into my iPhone, I worked out my own version.
I will type it up soon, I promise, but in the meantime I thought you might like to have a little look.
Using Hayfield DK Bonus yarn throughout, I started with the first few rounds.
then I added a dusky dark blue, Hmmmmm, not sure if I like it or not.....
So I frogged it and put an orangey coral colour in instead.
Then after asking advice on my Facebook page, I decided to put the blue back in again :)
The result was a 16 row riot of colourfulness. Blossoming petals everywhere!!
I finished it off with a large, cream fabric covered vintage button.
The back I just did plain rounds, with no petals. It worked up so much quicker!!!
So, as I mentioned, I will be writing this pattern up, so watch this space :)