Wednesday 9 March 2016

A colourful, crochet Blossom Cushion

A couple of years ago I made a Blooming cushion.  It was adapted by a blogger I follow from another person's pattern.   Anyway, I always thought the petals never sat right for me, or at least on the one I made, so I worked out a way of making it flatter, and easier for people to make.  Well, we all like easy don't we?

So, after some jiggery pokery, a lot of frogging  (rip it - rip it) and some shorthand notes typed into my iPhone, I worked out my own version.

I will type it up soon, I promise, but in the meantime I thought you might like to have a little look.

Using Hayfield DK Bonus yarn throughout, I started with the first few rounds.


then I added a dusky dark blue,  Hmmmmm, not sure if I like it or not.....


So I frogged it and put an orangey coral colour in instead.
Then after asking advice on my Facebook page, I decided to put the blue back in again  :)


The result was a 16 row riot of colourfulness.  Blossoming petals everywhere!!

I finished it off with a large, cream fabric covered vintage button.


The back I just did plain rounds, with no petals.  It worked up so much quicker!!!


So, as I mentioned, I will be writing this pattern up, so watch this space   :)

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.