I was recently asked to make a baby blanket by a friend, for her friend. The brief was "colourful and stripy". Which works for me, I rather like making stuff in bright popping colours.
We chose the yarn together, starting with the variegated Hayfield Bonus Buzz DK in blue, aqua and lime. We then added a bright lime green (although it does look quite yellow throughout these photos) and a gorgeous spearmint aqua shade.
So, stripes. It's a bit boring doing rows and rows of the same stitch, so I thought I would change the pattern as I changed the yarn. I did a variety of stitches in the end, which seemed to work ok together.
And grew some more.....
Then it was time for the edging, which I decided to do in the lime green.
Still not satisfied, I finally finished it with a shell edging in the variegated yarn.
And Voila! That was it done. And by all accounts, the new mummy loved her bright new blanket. Makes a change from pastels I suppose ;)