Tuesday 7 June 2016

A crochet glass pot hanger

A wee while ago Hobbycraft got these fab glass pots in.  They were described as "tea-light" holders, but don't be fooled, they are the size of a plant pot and rather pretty.... and even better they were just £1.00 each!

What could I do with one?  (or two)

I had the image of old fashioned plant hangers in my head.  Do you know what I mean?  Macramé cotton usually, tied in knots with a plant pot suspended in it.

So, I went with that thought but put a modern twist on it by doing them in crochet.


Could be rather nice with a twinkling battery powered tea-light inside, or a great place to hide some sweeties  ;)


Or maybe some pot-pourri... or a posh hanging garden bin for your wine corks when you have a little drink in the garden.

You will notice I have not said "plant".... a gardener I am not   ;)


I will scribble up the pattern soon if anyone fancies it.  It would work perfectly well with a regular plant pot too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.