Saturday 11 June 2016

Decopatching an old school chair

I managed to lay my hands on a few of these fabulous old school chairs.  Do you remember them from your days at school?  I certainly do!  I recently wrote about running a decoupage workshop with them, so I thought I should show you the sample chair that I made before the workshop went ahead.




These are the paper I chose, one for the frame and legs, one for the seat and one for the back.


With the TV remote and a glass or two of wine, I got to work.  Blue on the legs...


Butterflies on the back...


But, oh no!  I had run out of blue paper, and would you believe it?  I was a discontinued pattern - I couldn't get any more!!

So, a change of plan was needed.   And something dark enough to cover over the blue.  Red.  Roses.  Yep, that will do nicely.


I finished the seat pad off with a gorgeous multi-floral, and it was done.


Rather pleased with it, even if I do say so myself.


Now, where can I find to put it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.