Tuesday 8 March 2022

Slump Mould - kidney dishes.

 For this slump mould I drew a shape on a piece of A4 mountboard and cut it out with a sharp craft knife.


Then I rolled out my clay to 0.6mm and laid it over the top.


Very carefully, with a slightly damp sponge, I eased the clay down through the hole, until it was the depth I wanted it to be.


Once I was happy with the depth, it was time to trim off the excess.

Then for some reason, I decided to make a second one.  I copied the shape and did the whole process again.

 


I then left them resting in a couple of buckets to dry a little.  The next lesson was going to be on slip decorating and sgraffito, so we needed to have something ready for then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.