This was actually very yummy, I would definitely make it again. The idea is to mix it up - change ingredients, swap things about, make your own culinary masterpiece.
What you need:
- Packet of Cous Cous (any flavour, I had one with nuts & seeds in it)
- Protein of some sort (I used Quorn 'chicken')
- Frozen chopped Garlic
- Dried Herbs
- Dried Chilli Flakes
- Small amount of grated cheese
- Breadcumbs (either made from fresh bread, or the dried ones in a tub)
- Tin of sweetcorn
What you do:
- Pre-heat oven.
- Make up the cous cous according to the instructions and leave to one side.
- Pop some oil in a frying pan along with the garlic, dried herbs, chilli flakes, heat.
- Add in the protein and stir till cooked. Add the sweetcorn and the cous cous and stir until heated right through.
- Pop the mixture in an oven proof dish, sprinkle with grated cheese and give it a coating of breadcrumbs.
- Put straight into the hot oven, top shelf and leave until the breacrumbs brown and the cheese bubbles (10 mins or so)
- Email me through your Storecupboard Dinner recipes and I will feature them in my blog, or if you prefer add a link to your own blog in the comment box.