Pondering on what to make I decided on savoury pancakes.
They were blooming yummy, so in case you would like to make them for yourself, here s the recipe:
You will need:
- Wholemeal flour
- 1 egg
- Fizzy water or soda
- Salt & Pepper
- Dried chilli flakes
- Mixed Herbs
What you do:
- Shake a fistful of flour into a bowl. (chuck away those scales and work by eye :) )
- Add salt, pepper, chilli flakes and dried herbs.
- Make a well in the centre & drop in the egg.
- Stir, dragging the edges into the egg mix as you go.
- Add sploshes of fizzy water or soda, stirring in well, until the mixture resembles a porridge texture.
- Chuck in the mixed veg, and any left-overs in the fridge if you have them, I chucked in a bit of Quorn ham.
- Give it a stir, but not too vigorously to mush up the veg.
- Heat up some vegetable oil in a frying pan & drop in large blobs of the mix, spread it out a bit rather than leaving it too high so it cooks more evenly.
- Let it cook a while, the bottom has to be cooked before you can turn it over.
- Flip it gently & cook the other side.
- Serve with a blob of sweet chilli sauce - delicious!
If you want something else to do with your bag of mixed veg, try my other recipes :)