This soup is a real hearty, earthy soup which is best eaten with beautiful dunking bread.
You will need:
- Half a red cabbage
- 2 Eating Apples
- 1 Stick of Celery
- Olive Oil
- Caraway Seeds
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Brown Sugar
What you do:
- Chop up the celery and add to a pan (or soup maker) with a little olive oil and half a teaspoon of cinnamon and a teaspoon of caraway seeds.
- Sauté for a couple of minutes until the oil heats and the celery starts to soften.
- Meanwhile chop the cabbage and peel and chop up the apples discarding the stalk and pips.
- Chuck into the pan (soup maker) along with a tablespoon of Red Wine Vinegar and a tablespoon of brown sugar.
(The vinegar is to help the cabbage keep it's beautiful colour, otherwise it turns a murky dark blue colour, the sugar is to counteract the sharpness of the vinegar)
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 mins. Then BLITZZZZZZ !
- Serve with a sprinkle of mixed seeds.
Just look at that colour!