Do you know that moment when you just fancy something naughty from your childhood to eat?
I had one of those a few days ago, I had a Spam Fritter Craving. But, alas, I am now vegetarian so proper Spam is off the menu. Here instead is my recipe for Vegetarian Spamlike Fritters.
You will need:
- Couple of tablespoons of plain flour
- 1 Egg
- Splash of water
- Quorn 'ham'
- Burger cheese
- Sunflower oil to cook.
What you do:
- Pop the flour in a bowl and season well.
- Make a hole in the centre and drop in the egg.
- Bring the edges of the flour into the egg and mix.
- Once it gets a bit thick splosh in a little water to make a thick batter.
- Take your Quorn 'ham' and burger cheese.
- Use two slices of ham, top with a slice of cheese...
- Then another two slices of ham.
- Lay it in the batter mix, turning it over until it is fully coated.
- Heat up the oil in a frying pan and pop in your fritters. Turn over once browned.
- Serve how you like, I popped mine in a tiger roll with lettuce and mayo. Well, if you are gonna be naughty, might as well be very naughty :)