#ShareYourTeaTuesday last week was this...
An Aubergine Parmigiana.
It's so easy peasy to make and you can prepare it ahead of time and just bung it in the oven for 25 mins or so to heat and brown when needed.
What you need:
- An Aubergine
- Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- Ball of Mozarella Cheese
- Few dried herbs
- Olive Oil
What you do:
- Cut up the aubergine into slices.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and when hot, pop in the slices of aubergine.
- Cook until they soften and start to go a lovely golden brown.
- Pop a little tinned tomato in an over proof dish, then layer your aubergine on the top. They can overlap a little.
- Put the rest of the tomatoes on, then drain and slice the mozzarella and arrange on the top.
- Sprinkle with a few herbs of your choice. I used oregano.
- Bake at Gas 6 in the middle shelf for about 25 mins or until bubbling and brown.
- Serve with new potatoes, salad, garlic bread, veggies - whatever really. (any leftovers can be bunged in the fridge and reheated for lunch the next day :) )
If you want to "Share Your Tea" on a Tuesday and be inspired by other people's recipes, then pop along to my Facebook page where it all goes on :)