Monday 19 August 2013

9/50 Stitches for Afghans

I am working through this book - 50 Stitches for Afghans by Darla Sims.


You can find previous reviews HERE.

So, this is Square 9. I am using Patons 4ply Cotton in Fuschia.


OH NO !!  Puff stitch again, I don't like Puff Stitch.... or at least I didn't think I did.  But I have worked it out, I was working way too tight, keeping my loops on my hook rather neat and full of tension, the trick is to work a bit looser, baggy in fact, then the hook just slides through all 7 loops and Bob's ya Uncle!


There is a definite side to this stitch, on one side you can see the bobble of the puff stitch, on the other it just looks like plain DC  (or SC if you are reading the US terms)


Because this stitch was quite solid, it took a while to work this square, but I love the texture, it would make a great stitch for a chunky jacket.

Squares so far:


ps: The Amazon links are affiliated  if you click and buy I might get a few pennies.  Just so you know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.