Wholly inspired by the one I found on Attic 24's blog, I set to work.
I bought a polystyrene ring from Hobbycraft and made a piece of crochet in Double Crochet stitch to cover it. There was no shaping required, it pulled itself into place when being stitched together.
I then made 12 crocheted flowers in various shades of cream, pink and lilac, using different thicknesses and styles of yarn.
I added a plated acrylic button to the centre of each and attached them to the wreath, each one slightly offset against the previous.
I felt it needed leaves at the stage, but to keep the colour scheme running they would have looked a little bland, so I made the decision to "colour it in a bit" with a red, lime, teal and lavender coloured leaves.
I added a simple ribbon to hang and Voilà!