Thursday 26 February 2009

Multi-Strand Seed Bead Necklaces




















I don't usually take commisions, but this one sounded interesting. So working from a photograph from an American Show, a bloke asked me to make this cream version for his girlfriend for Valentines Day.
Brick Stitch ends and a beaded bead as a clasp, it has a whopping 30 strands of seed beads, each strand is 0.25mm longer than the previous.
It took around 6-7 hours to complete and it was sad to part with it after working on it for so long, so I thought I would make another in red and black. This time I used red Silver lined and red frosted seed beads, along with shiny black and matt black, with matt black ends. I also made the lengths slightly wider apart with 0.5mm inbetween, meaning this took even longer to make - I guess I should have used a bead spinner, but I like a challenge :)
They feel great on, heavy and swishy, and of course no metal parts to tarnish :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.