Last week I decided to revisit an old friend - my box of needlefelting stuff. I want to put some different classes on, so it was time to work on some new ideas.
First I started with a Styrofoam shape, but try as I might I just couldn't get the wool to jab into it at all. Now, I think this may be the size needle I have as I know there are kits with the Styrofoam shapes in so it should work.... mine, however, did not.
So, chucking that to one side I just made a ball shape for a head, and stabbed it and stabbed it, then stabbed a finger, so stabbed the ball in temper, and stabbed another finger.
Blood everywhere. Those felting needles are proper sharp, not to mention barbed, so they really hurt.
Once I calmed down and poured a glass of wine (it was evening time I should say, not 10am in the morning) I started stabbing again, a little more carefully.
Anyway, a nice firm ball/head later, with a little hippy headband and some striking grey hair. I had had enough. But I am happy so far :)
I will be back soon with a body....... hopefully ;)