I did mine in a very rich royal blue colourway, but all colours would work, imagine a pearl one though, that would be beautiful.
You will need:
- 16-18” Of Cable Chain with Clasp (5x3mm Links)
- 2 x 16” String of 8mm Cat’s Eye Beads (approx 100)
- 2 x 16” String of 6mm Cat’s Eye Beads (approx 130)
- 1 x 16” String of 4mm Cat’s Eye Beads (approx 100)
- Approx 250 Headpins.
What you do:
- Beaded Pins - Take a Head pin and thread on a bead, bend the wire over and trim off with wire cutters leaving enough to form a loop.
- Slightly bend back the wire as it exits the bead – using a pair of round nose pliers, this will form the first half of your loop.
- Make some beaded pins with 8mm beads, and find the centre of the chain and hook the beaded pin through the link, then using round nose pliers closed the loop on the beaded pin tightly. (If you leave a gap, your beaded pin may drop off at a later date)
- Add an 8mm Beaded Pin to each link, filling about a quarter of the chain, making sure you work up each side from the centre.
- Add another lot of 8mm Beaded Pins to the same links, meaning you will now have two beads on each link.
- Working up one side only, add another “quarter” of beaded pins, this time 1 x 8mm and 1 x 6mm bead.
- The final “half Quarter” should be done with 1 x 6mm & 2 x 4mm beads.
- Repeat from step 6 up the opposite side and wear with pride !
© Sue Simmons / The Bead Shed / 2009