Really lightweight yet substansial looking earrings, and all you need is some nice wire, a few beads and earring hooks.
What you need:
- 36cm Coloured (Not Covered) Wire
- 2 Earring Wires
- 2 x 6mm Beads
- 12 x Large Seed Beads
What you do:
- Cut the wire into two x 18cm pieces.
- Using one piece and some long-nose pliers, form the end into a rough loop.
- Hand curl the wire into a rough coil, leaving a straight piece of approx 3cm.
- Take a hammer and hammer the coil to get an interesting textured effect. (be careful when using plated wire as the plating can chip off if you hammer it too hard).
- Thread on three small beads, pushing them to the bottom of the coil.
- Bend the wire immediately after the coil into a sharp right-angle, then thread on the larger bead followed by three small beads.
- Form a loop in the excess wire with some round-nose pliers and hook onto an earring wire.
- Repeat for the second earring.
© Sue Simmons / The Bead Shed / 2006