Monday 24 November 2014

Crochet Christmas Stocking

I spotted a granny square crochet Christmas stocking on the front of a Hobbycraft free brochure - of course I had to make one right away.  Unfortunately there was no pattern inside, it was just an inspirational image, and a small one at that!  

So I got to work making one of my own, using the little picture as inspiration.

Using three shades of yarn......


I made a series of random colourway granny squares, 4 rounds in each.
19 square in total were used for this particular stocking.


I then sewed them all together with an outside seam for design purposes.


Then, making a final check that I couldn't find someone to credit, I found the instructions for the stocking on a Hobbycraft blog.   Mine is ever so slightly different in that it is joined in a different way with a row of DC's (Double Crochet) in a ridge, and a rim of DC's rather than TR's as in the pattern.  Otherwise, I don't think I did too bad a job   ;)



You can find it HERE if you fancy a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.