Friday 20 May 2016

Filet Crochet - monthly workshop at Hobbycraft, Carlisle

I have been designing Filet Crochet patterns of late for a new monthly workshop I am running in Hobbycraft, Carlisle.

Each workshop is a different pattern, you learn the format of Filet Crochet, then learn how to follow the chart to produce a panel of around 12" or so.


Colours are chosen by the students, but I find Filet works better with lighter colours.  Although that Hazelnut Brown seems to work very well.


Claire, one of the ladies that comes, sent me this photo this week.  She has been to 3 classes now and has finished the heart, butterfly and owl, and she is now in the process of reversing the heart pattern to make it a little different.  (Yep, that's easy to do too!)


If you fancy it, I hold these classes on the 2nd Tuesday evening of each month in Hobbycraft, Carlisle.  If you only come to one you can learn enough to make a cushion, a few more and you can make a throw or bedspread.  It's an addictive way of crocheting.

Alternatively, I have started putting my patterns up on Etsy, it includes the chart and an instruction sheet on how to follow it. You can find them here .... www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SoozinTheShed

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.