Thursday 24 January 2013

I have "tightchainitis"

Sounds scary doesn't it?

Well, the blanket I am crocheting - the ripple blanket, you can find the pattern HERE - isn't going to plan.

I know the issue, the chain edge is too tight, it is pulling all the rest out of shape.


I added a fill in row (even though you don't really do this until the end) to see if it would help straighten it out....  but it didn't.  You can see the top is much tighter than the bottom.


Was I really gonna have to pull it out and start again?

I wondered if a bigger hook to do the foundation chain would work and after a bit of Googleing decided that it would.

So, deep breath, and begin....... 1,2,3,4,5.....224 chain stitches later with a bigger hook and things seem to be working out.


Watch this space  (again!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.