Sunday 13 January 2013

Snowy Sundays

We woke up this morning to big fat white flakes falling past the window.  It was snowing !  Some folk get excited about snow, me?  I don't really care either way.  It looks pretty but it's a nightmare when your kids drive out in it  ;)

Anyway, due to the nasty weather we decided it was a 'staying in' day.  My translation of that is crafting and baking day  :)

In no particular order this is what I have done today:

Made Honeycomb (Cinder Toffee).


Found a recipe on my favourite ALL RECIPES site, it turned out very well, although the greaseproof paper was a pain to remove, next time I shall try parchment which is a little thicker.


I doubled the recipe and ended up making a huge pizza tray full. Shona wanted to keep it all, greedy piglet.


But I broke it up and gave a lot of it away  :)


I also made some LEMONADE QUENCHER cookies.  When following this recipe it tells you to use an ice-cream scoop of mix, which I thought was an awful lot..... it was, it spread everywhere so I ended up with some really uneven cookies. They certainly do not look like the ones I on the site I got the recipe from, but they taste amazing.


Inbetween baking sessions I got my tattoo extended.  Marie, Shona's girlfriend, does them for me, she is well known for her doodle arty flowers, and this is what she is tattooing onto my thigh.  I usually have two or three at a time, but this session I bled out, so only one was coloured in.  You can check out her new blog that includes tattooing and her many other crafts HERE.


The other craft I have managed to squeeze in today has been the Crochet Vest. I am just starting to shape the armholes on the front now, shouldn't be too long before this one is finished  :)


I do love Snowy Sundays.

4 comments:

  1. Crikey you were busy - the cinder toffee looks amazingly good

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a little sweet for my taste, but my workmates seemed to like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the recipe, Sooz. Going to give this a try when I can get to the shops. I think the boys will love it. Was it traditionally made in the cinders of fires?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no idea Sandie. Let me know how you get on :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.