Friday 11 October 2013

Pink Cocoon for Baby Daisy

One of my colleagues at work is having a baby, a cutest wittle baby, all wittle and wrinkly.... and no doubt cute.   She is having a girl and is going to call her Daisy - how cute is that?  (do I get a prize for the over-use of the word "cute"?)

Of course, someone you know having a baby means digging out the crochet hooks  (I didn't have to dig too far, just down the side of the sofa cushions)  and a pattern.

I picked up this super cute Annies Attic pattern for Cuddly Cocoons.


I decided to do this one..... I liked the tassel.



Mummy-To-Be chose a lovely shade of pink, called "Bright Pink", I think "Candyfloss would have been a much better name.  This is Hayfields Bonus DK and comes in a lovely range of colours - it's a good washer too!  (Gosh, I sounded like my Mother then!!)


If you follow my Facebook Page, you might remember me posting pictures as I went along, asking you to guess what this might be.   It does look rather ominous and I got some rather strange suggestions  :)





But no, it is a cocoon, a nice cuddly sleeping bag for a baby, with a matching hat.



My Buddha is going to miss his cosy little hat when this set goes off to be ready for baby Daisy's arrival.


I also made her another little gift, one that I am very pleased with and cannot wait to share, but she has not seen it yet and I want it to be a complete surprise.  I will show you soon, I promise.


ps: The Amazon links I've scattered throughout the page are affiliated  if you click and buy I might get a few pennies, just so you know  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.