Tuesday 8 October 2013

Storecupboard Dinners - Spicy Baked Bean Pizza

This is a little bit of a cheat for a Storecupboard dinner as I did send out for a bag of grated mozzarella, but other than that all the ingredients are bits taken from my stash, which incidentally, doesn't seem to be shrinking any!

My middle son popped round, I started making dinner and he asked "What are we having", when I replied "Spicy Baked Bean Pizza" he didn't bat an eyelid - I guess I am known for putting odd things together by now, and experimenting with food.  His reply was "Yeah, Mum, I have eaten your soups remember"  - Good point, well put.

But try this, it's yummy, honestly.  The base is not yeast based so it doesn't have that stretch, but you also don't need to wait for it to rise.

Spicy Baked Bean Pizza.



You will need:
for the dough...
  • 2 cups flour (I used wholemeal)
  • 2 tablespoon olive oil
  • Large pinch of Oregano
  • Half cup of water
for the topping.....
  • Tin of Baked Beans (I used Heinz 5 beans)
  • Chopped Garlic (frozen)
  • Mozzarella Cheese
  • Dried chilli flakes

What you do:
  • Put the flour, oil, water and oregano in a bowl, shove your hand in and mix, mix, mix, until it forms a lump.
  • Turn out onto a floured board and knead for a good 5 minutes.
  • Portion off into pieces - this amount made 3 decent sized pizzas.
  • Roll out thinnly - which makes for a nice crispy base, and place on an oiled baking tray.  Don't worry about it looking too pretty - it's rustic!
  • Add a layer of beans, chopped garlic and a good generous sprinkle of dried chilli flakes.

  • Top with grated mozzarella and a few pinches of oregano.

  • Bake at Gas 7 for 10 mins or until bubbling and brown.
Here is another I did with chicken, tomato ketchup and garlic, for the carnivore in my life  ;)





Email me through your Storecupboard Dinner recipes and I will feature them in my blog, or if you prefer add a link to your own blog in the comment box.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.