Let's make Creamy Mince & Pea Pasta. (As usual feel free to change ingredients to suit what you have)
What you need:
- Mince (Quorn, Beef, Lamb, Turkey)
- Chopped Garlic (Frozen is good)
- Dried Chilli Flakes
- Creamy style Cup-A-Soup (I had Broccoli & Cauliflower, Cream of Veg would be good too, or Mushroom)
What you do:
- Put your pasta on to cook and while it is bubbling away make the rest.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and stir fry your garlic. Add the mince and peas, chilli flakes and a pinch of dried herbs, and cook through.
- Sprinkle on the contents of the packet of cup-a-soup powder.
- Add a little water and stir until all the powder is dissolved. Add more water as necessary as it thickens as it cooks in. You are aiming for a nice creamy consistency.
- Drain the pasta and return to the hot pan, dump the sauce mix on top and give it a stir to blend.
- Serve with a good grind of black pepper.
Email me through your Storecupboard Dinner recipes and I will feature them in my blog, or if you prefer add a link to your own blog in the comment box.