You don't chuck them away do you? No, no, no, make some cheese straws.
What you need:
- Left over pastry trimmings
- Grated Cheddar
- Black Onion Seeds or Poppy Seeds
- A little flour
What you do:
- Shake some flour on your worktop and plop your pastry trimmings on top.
- Grate some cheese on the top, to taste.
- Sprinkle your seeds on now.
- Knead gently until it is all mixed, try not to over knead it as it will make it tough.
- Roll out, you don't need to be neat, then cut into slices.
- Twist each one and lay on a baking tray.
- Cook at Gas 6 for 10 mins or until golden brown.
- Nibble while watching telly (or while waiting for your pies to cook!)
Email me through your Storecupboard Dinner recipes and I will feature them in my blog, or if you prefer add a link to your own blog in the comment box.