Saturday 28 February 2009

The Vagina Monologues

If you ever get the chance to go and see this show, then do.

http://www.vaginamonologues.co.uk/

I went last night and it was superb! Not what I expected, I kind of expected a 'loose women' style chat on topical issues, but instead it was simply all about Vaginas. (Why did I not work that out? Not just a clever name!)

The cast was Sally Lindsay (Shelly in Coronation Street) Sue Holderness (Marlene in Only Fools) and Tina Gambe (She played a love interest of Martin Platt in Corrie, but I don't remember her)

Sue Holderness was amazing, I laughed until I cried, gasped at the rude words ;) and marvelled at how on the nail it all was.

Of course there were emotional bits, Tina read a Monologue about a woman in Africa being abused by Soldiers, you could have heard a pin drop in the theatre, I did wonder how they would bring the mood back around, but they managed it perfectly.

Brilliant through and through, I am booking again for June, different cast list, same script, but probably delivered differently so should be fun.

Distinct lack of men in the Theatre, I think I counted 3, all of whom were looking suitably embarrassed.

Next time I won't be drinking, I have a lovely throbbing hangover :(

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time! I must go and see this. Everyone always says how good it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you really should, it's coming back to Carlisle in June so I am going to re-book :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hubby and I saw it at the New Oxford Theater back in Jan, it was really good...glad you liked it...
    Jelveh
    Peace

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.