Still at home with COVID, I joined a uni class using video calling so I could see what was happening in real time.
This lesson was how to make a jug, sugar bowl with lid and a teapot with handle, lid and spout!
Much harder than it looked!
I switched on my pottery wheel and got to work.
I started off with a shape – this was supposed to be the teapot, but ended up being the sugar bowl.
Next I attempted a lid…. Didn’t manage to get a nice round ball on the top for the handle, but let’s call that a design feature 😊
And finally a jug, quite pleased with the shape of this one I have to say.
Now it was time to let them all
dry a little, while I make some handles and try to figure out how to attach them
Attaching the spout was a tricky procedure, I trimmed to much off it trying to get it to fit the shape of the pot.
…. And we have to address the elephant in the room, that that spout is just a bit too trunk like. But, at least it should pour well!
Handle on, spout on, lid trimmed to fit!
We have a teapot… might not be the prettiest teapot, but I am rather pleased with it 😊
And my milk jug has a handle!I found the handles quite tricky to deal with, they either got to dry and cracked, or I just couldn’t make them even enough. More practise needed there!
So, my teaset is not really in good proportion to each other, but I feel a sense of achievement that I have managed to make one.Let’s see how the firing goes.