Tuesday 8 February 2011

Glass Wall Hearts

A little idea popped into my head, you know one of those ideas that make you spend half the night wondering if it will work?  So of course the next day I just had to try it out.

I chose a heart shape as Valentine's Day is approaching.

I drew a template on some fibre paper, filled it in with chopped up glass - adding different shades and a touch of Dichroic or stringers for interest, then I shut the lid on the kiln and crossed my fingers.

So....they kinda worked, I think they need tweaking a bit, and I need to find another way of hanging them as I really do not like the wire on them, but it's all a learning curve.

The big ones above are around 9-10" while the smaller one below is just around 4-5". 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.