Tuesday 1 December 2015

Crocheted Felted Robin

A wee while ago I picked up some 100% Yorkshire wool, part of the W.I range at Hobbycraft.  The idea was to make one of my Robin Baubles that I designed last year, but instead of a Styrofoam ball in the middle, it would just be stuffing, then I would wash and felt the wool to make a super-cute robin.



So, Robin made, I asked Hubster to "chuck it in the wash" with his darks.  He did.   A few hours later he came sheepishly up the stairs with my felted Robin and said "I am so sorry, I think I ruined it".

I could have made him suffer I suppose, but it did exactly what I wanted it to do, it felted and shrunk perfectly.





With the addition of eyes and a beak, he was complete, and very cute, even if I do say so myself.

If you would like the pattern and instructions, you can find them HERE :

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.