Friday 4 June 2010

Bookmark Swap

Over on the Bead Buddies Forum we had a bookmark swap.

We got paired up with another Buddy, and we had to make each other a hand-made bookmark, especially for them.

My swap partner was Sandie from Jewels Of The Dales.

For her bookmark I decided to try and make some Foxgloves, as she helps out with the Foxglove Covert Nature Reserve.

I made them from Delicas with a 24k Gold Delica inside as stamen.



I was quite chuffed with how they turned out, and Sandie seemed to like them too :)

......and I got the most magnificent bookmarks from her - two of them, which is great, as one I shall use, and the other I am going to dangle out of a book on my bookcase and admire it lots :)



The first one was a silver hook with the cutest Lampwork Sheep bead, teamed up with two real wool balls, gathered from the fields around Sandies home in the Yorkshire Dales.



The second was this amazing beaded treasure, I must apologise for the photos, they do not show just how gorgeous it really is, but I love it. This is the one I will dangle out of my book and admire.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE my foxglove bookmark :) :) :)
    It's brilliant, and it's so lovely of you to tailor it to my interests. It is currently adorning _Persuasion_ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mine too, and I got the bookworm yesterday too, he is oh so very cute :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.