Wednesday 10 March 2010

Patchwork Flutterby



I have been busy designing a range of Peyote & Brick Stick Butterflies - which I have cunningly named "Patchwork Flutterbys" :)
I have designed about 8 to date, so thought it was about time I stitched one up to check it works. I have sent a second pattern off to someone who kind of volunteered, but didn't actually, but she got the job anyway - you know who you are CAROL BEAD QUEEN !!! ;)
This one is the purpley one, although they are designed for you to use up all your leftover delica beads from other projects, so you can make them any colour you would like.
The antenna are made from a head pin, simply threaded through the top beads, and then I added a sparkly crystal strap, with Czech and Swarovski Crystals.

It will take a very plain top, or a low cut top to show this off to it's full advantage, it's very colourful, and funky. Great fun to make, watch out for a few more soon......

(I plan to sell the patterns eventually, but give me a nudge if your impatient ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.