Wednesday 26 April 2017

Crochet waistband Tutu

I made the cutest Tutu for Grandbaby no: 1


What is is about Tutu's that make them incredibly cute.  I wish I could wear one, but I would look a wee bit odd, at my time of life!  Think, Mavis.


Anyhoo, this one is pink, frilly and perfect for a little girl who is just starting dancing lessons.


So, I crochet the waistband in a pink DMC Natura Cotton with a 3mm hook, I crocheted it over a band of thick elastic for sturdyness.


Then added a picot fan edging to make it look pretty.


The Tulle is added to the loops created, I only added two layers of Tulle, but I did enough loops for a third layer, so if she ever wants the Tutu "puffier" I can add the third layer easily.


It fit beautifully, and will look super cute on the dancefloor, don't you think?


I lent it to Hobbycraft, Carlisle for their display, looks quite good like this!

If you would like a copy of the tutorial, please email me and I will send you one through FREE of charge  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.