Monday 12 April 2010

Introducing QUIRKIES - Chocolate Tie.

For those of you who have been following my blog, you will have seen my little odd bits & pieces, namely the ties, the bras and the butterflies.

Well, now they have a name ! QUIRKIES

An online Dictionary says that Quirky means "odd, unusual, eccentric, idiosyncratic, curious, peculiar, unpredictable, singular, fanciful, whimsical, capricious, offbeat, out there"

The Urban Dictionary gives the following definition: "something that is strange/not normal but cool"

So I think that name might just suit them very well, big thanks to my good mate Tan, who came up with the name.

So this one is a Tie Quirkie, in dark chocolate brown, with cream, pumpkin and turquoise patterns, oh and there is a touch of gold in there too - these little gold beads are real 24k gold plated delica beads, and they cost a fortune :)



I have strung it on Tigertail wire, with complimenting glass beads and gorgeous sparkly turquoise Swarovski beads.


Now let me show you one of the beads I use for the tie part. Tiny aint they? :)


If you have any suggestions of things I can do to make into a Quirkie, shout out and let me know.

Coming soon..... more Bras, more Ties, and a Crown :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.